Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- I accept the conditions of submission and the Petroleum Journals Online Copyright and License Agreement.
Copyright for articles published in this journal is retained by the authors, with first publication rights granted to the journal. By virtue of their appearance in this open access journal, articles are free to use, with proper attribution, in educational and other non-commercial settings. Click here for further details.
Petroleum Journals Online publishes electronic journals and makes them freely available to the petroleum engineering community. Our mission is to support knowledge sharing among petroleum engineers around the world. The publications (such as the e-journal of petrophysics and the e-journal of reservoir engineering) cover key subjects on the principles and techniques for hydrocarbon exploitation.
Overall privacy statement
We take your privacy seriously. Because we gather certain types of information about our users, we want to help you understand the terms and conditions surrounding the collection and use of that information. This privacy statement discloses the types of information we gather, how we use it, and how to correct or change it. These privacy practices apply to the Web site that you were viewing when you clicked through to this policy, which is operated directly by us, by our partner, or by our affiliate.
1. What information does Petroleum Journals Online collect?
Our primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide you with the best and most useful content and services.
We collect personally identifiable information when you provide it to us, such as when you register on one of our sites, when you subscribe for a print journal or an e-mail newsletter or when you register to use certain services. Several of the services that we offer on our sites, such as journals and message boards, may require registration as a condition of use. Once you register with one of our services you are no longer anonymous to us. We may also receive information about you from other sources and add it to the information you provided to us.
This personally identifiable information is limited to:
1. First, middle Name/initials, and last name
2. Address, including street name and city
3. E-mail address
4. Telephone number
2. Website Forms
When you fill out a form on our website we may require you to provide your e-mail address or other information. This information is used only to contact you. We do not make this information available to any third parties.
If you elect to join our newsletter we will send you notifications once about new our services and special offers. For your convenience, each announcement contains instructions on how to be removed from all future mailings. You may unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time and we do not make email addresses available to any third parties.